Tax form

Beth M

Dollar Crater
Can someone tell me the name of the form I need to file taxes for my earnings here? And where I get it from? I need to get it sorted before we close.

I tried the search function and nothing comes up and the FAQs are closed. I don't have hours to spare wading through pages of threads trying to find a nugget of info.

Thanks! :)

drew7

Dime Crater
If you were paid $600+ for 2018, CashCrate must send you a 1099-MISC

Did you send them a W9 with your tax information? They must request a W9 from anyone they paid $600+ out to in any year.

Beth M

Dollar Crater
Thank you.

Last year H&R Block took care of it, I just told them what I earned and that was the end of it. But I don't know how they did it and we wanted to save money by doing our own taxes this year. I did keep a record of what I earned each month.

This is all new and weird to me, I'm from the UK originally. There's no such thing as people doing their own taxes (except for business owners) and then getting refunded at the beginning of the year. It gets done automatically by some other system without people needing to anything themselves.

Anyway, thanks again, I really appreciate it. :)

Last edited:

drew7

Dime Crater
I did my own taxes this year with TurboTax (Freedom Edition free filing). It was super easy to complete. Nobody will ever get a dime when I could do it myself now.

drew7

Dime Crater
Give TurboTax a try this year. The Freedom Edition is available if you qualified for the EIC or with under $33K earnings or serving in the military. It lets you do BUSINESS taxes which if you earn from CashCrate is considered business income. It will generates your Schedule C business expenses, Schedule SE business taxes, let's your deduct expenses if any. I thought it was going to be a headache, but I breeze right through those forms as I have no deductions for business. It will then transfer all the Federal information onto your State portion.

vachaboy

Quarter Crater
Can someone tell me the name of the form I need to file taxes for my earnings here? And where I get it from? I need to get it sorted before we close.

I tried the search function and nothing comes up and the FAQs are closed. I don't have hours to spare wading through pages of threads trying to find a nugget of info.

Thanks! :)
Check your email that you have on file with Cashcrate. My 1099 came from efile4biz

I think it ended up in spam though. Also you can search your email for KINGSIDE MEDIA LTD.

Good luck
Adam

Beth M

Dollar Crater
Give TurboTax a try this year. The Freedom Edition is available if you qualified for the EIC or with under $33K earnings or serving in the military. It lets you do BUSINESS taxes which if you earn from CashCrate is considered business income. It will generates your Schedule C business expenses, Schedule SE business taxes, let's your deduct expenses if any. I thought it was going to be a headache, but I breeze right through those forms as I have no deductions for business. It will then transfer all the Federal information onto your State portion.
Wow, OK. I'll pass that on to my husband tonight and we'll take a look. :geek::geek: