On The First Page with a number of Keywords...

but not getting a lot of traffic... any solutions? I see from Statcounter that my blog has been on a lot of first pages for various key words in both Google and Bing but according to last year I only received about 5,000 hits. Of course I'm not really writing many articles (only to my blog) or leaving many backlinks to other blogs. (I've been working alot :D ) But I'm still interested in this and would like to earn more with Cashcrate from my blog.

Any suggestions?
Thanks! :)

briguy

Was Eheavy now Elite lol
but not getting a lot of traffic... any solutions? I see from Statcounter that my blog has been on a lot of first pages for various key words in both Google and Bing but according to last year I only received about 5,000 hits. Of course I'm not really writing many articles (only to my blog) or leaving many backlinks to other blogs. (I've been working alot :D ) But I'm still interested in this and would like to earn more with Cashcrate from my blog.

Any suggestions?
Thanks! :)
First off congrats on your ranking!
Now the sad fact is that certain keywords search would only bring in only so much traffic to your blog..

Social sites like Youtube/Facebook/Twitter/Pinterest/Instagram/Google+ etc are taking a lot of traffic away from the search engines..
So basically without spending time mastering "social marketing" (followers etc) you are limited to your blog.

And since "Google and other search engines" are ranking sites that add value to the visitor experience, a whole of different factors come into play like..

Do you have images on your blog (for traffic from image searches) and are these images optimized (search engine friendly .. "alt tag"
and descriptive title.. )

Does your blog have "social bookmarking icons" (Facebook/twitter/Google +)

How about "outbound links", do they go to live sites (broken links can handicap a site just like having too many "unrelated link to your niche")
.. do they go to "authoritative sites" (basically high ranking sites like Wikipedia etc)

Typos and bad grammar will also affect your ranking (again this can harm the "visitor experience")

Now you mentioned "statcounter".. are you noticing where your visitors are coming from (even "encrypted search will give a clue).. what posting they are visiting.. how long they are staying on your site (the longer the visit the better).. where they are going after.. are they "mobile or desktop" .. also is your statcounter counting "search bots/spiders" as views

Yes I realize that is a lot of things to look at but no matter what.. your content is what the most important... and since you are limited in time.. maybe do a few updates (add more content or rewrite it) and add more content regularly (search engines are starving for fresh content, so might as well feed them)

Hopefully this rambling gave you something to think about ..

Thanks for the kind words :) I'm not sure how I got ranked so high, my pagerank is still at 0... lol. It's just a basic site talking about Cashcrate and other things (which is why I don't have a link here). All I've done is written a few articles at Ezine with the link, added a few backlinks to blogs, and just been making posts as much as I can. I have a few images, not much, but it still seems to attract visitors. I think having a site up for a long period of time helps with SEO as well. I have paid for traffic too in the past, but can't afford it at the time being but I seem to be getting pretty good with free search engine traffic right now. I get sign ups but not many stay active.

I tried the facebook thing and so did a cousin of mine when she started to earn online, but it doesn't really work. I actually get more sign-ups from my blog. I just need to find a way to make them stay interested :)

briguy

Was Eheavy now Elite lol
Thanks for the kind words :) I'm not sure how I got ranked so high, my pagerank is still at 0... lol.
Lol yes PR sometimes has nothing to do with traffic

I tried the facebook thing and so did a cousin of mine when she started to earn online, but it doesn't really work. I actually get more sign-ups from my blog. I just need to find a way to make them stay interested :)
Sorry should have explained what I meant better.. you ever see on people blogs or site.. "little icons" that have FB or Twitter images on them?
Well that what I was referring too.. those widgets (you should be able to add them to your blog) is just another way of getting traffic!

paul1

Crate Mate
Like Briguy said earlier, most of the genuine referrals will come through the blog. New content is good, and the more frequent you post articles, the more referrals will come. It is all about patience and fine tuning those keywords so Google can pick them up faster. Congrats!

It's just a basic site talking about Cashcrate and other things (which is why I don't have a link here). All I've done is written a few articles at Ezine with the link, added a few backlinks to blogs, and just been making posts as much as I can. I have a few images, not much