Dwolla: Get Paid on the 1st! Get Paid to Get Paid! Bronze Members Included!

CashCrate is excited to introduce a brand new fantastic payment method: Dwolla! You can sign up for Dwolla on the Main Offers Page.

Benefits Include:

- Get paid a $.50 signup bonus for registering for Dwolla (signup on the Main Offers Page).
- Get paid a $1.00 bonus on your first cash out with Dwolla.
- Available as first payment method (no first check required).
- Bronze Dwolla payments sent on the 1st of the month instead of the 15th!

See a lot more details on the CashCrate Blog:

Dwolla: Now Get Paid on the 1st! Plus Make Money Getting Paid! Bronze Members Included!

Use Dwolla and get paid faster!

Note: Dwolla is currently available to USA members.

Last edited:
in Dwollas FAQ's it says,

Q: What are the fees associated with Dwolla?
A: $0.25 per transaction that will be incurred by the receiving party of a transaction (unless the sender chooses to pay this). Transactions under $10 are free. Period.
http://help.dwolla.com/customer/portal/articles/334084-dwolla-101
unless the sender chooses to pay this
Will I have to pay the $0.25 cent fee as the receiver, Or will CashCrate be paying the fee when sending?

adam7one

Carrier of a big stick
in Dwollas FAQ's it says,

Q: What are the fees associated with Dwolla?
A: $0.25 per transaction that will be incurred by the receiving party of a transaction (unless the sender chooses to pay this). Transactions under $10 are free. Period.
http://help.dwolla.com/customer/portal/articles/334084-dwolla-101

Will I have to pay the $0.25 cent fee as the receiver, Or will CashCrate be paying the fee when sending?
Does it really matter, if you get charged the 25 cent fee surely it is worth it, rather then sitting around waiting for a check to arrive and then taking it to a check cashing place, which I am sure charge some sort of fee to cash checks.

Does it really matter, if you get charged the 25 cent fee surely it is worth it, rather then sitting around waiting for a check to arrive and then taking it to a check cashing place, which I am sure charge some sort of fee to cash checks.
Ugh..to me it matters. my bank doesn't charge me anything. I am a business man, I have a right to ask and know. I was asking CashCrate last time I checked.

Forums are meant for ALL members to communicate and respond to posts and we work hard to keep things friendly. If anyone wants to ask me something without a response from another member, feel free to send me a PM anytime. :)

We encourage members to respond to all public posts.

I am checking into your question jehobith and have not heard back yet. I believe the fee is charged to the recipient and the fee is lower than what PayPal charges and much lower than fees that a lot of check cashing places and Walmart charge.

Walmart charges a $3 check fee for example.

Thank you for looking into this Dana.

I agree this is a great offer and is way better than waiting till the 15th to get a check. I am going to participate in it regardless. I was just curious, sorry for asking.

No need to apologize. It was a great question. I verified that the recipient will be charged the 25 cent fee.

Just to mention again, it is lower than what PayPal charges and much lower than fees that a lot of check cashing places and Walmart charge.

Many are animated with the more convenient, safer and better options delivered by dwolla for online transactions. And more and more site use the advantage of dwolla over PayPal to promote their site. There are those who became disappointed by PayPal as an online payments choice ever since it was purchased by eBay. Many have felt the sting of lost funds, account freezes and other service nightmares that some may say rest just this side of downright fraud. Then there are the fees. For those who desire alternatives, there's Dwolla, an online payments site that claims it does a better job than the competition, for less money.

Dwolla Questions

I have a few questions about Dwolla.

First, if I needed to get cash from my Dwolla account, would I have to connect it to a bank account like Pay Pal has to do, and forward it to the bank?

Second, is there going to be a fee for sending it to the bank in order to get cash?

And the third I have seen asked before... How will we post our CashCrate payments to the payment wall? Has anyone set that up yet?

I'm just trying to find all this out before it's time for checks to be sent out for next month, so I know whether to changer my payment type back or not.

Thanks,
Kali1313

Dwolla fees are discussed here:

https://www.dwolla.com/fees

Transaction fees

Cost to send money: $0.00

Cost to request money: $0.00

Cost to receive $10 or less: $0.00

Cost to receive more than $10: $0.25

Dwolla also has a great Support Topics page:

http://help.dwolla.com/customer/portal/articles/87210-what-is-dwolla-and-how-does-it-work-

Do I need to add a bank account?

Not necessarily. You have the send and receive money capability, from other Dwolla users without touching your financial institution. However, adding a bank is necessary if you wish to add or withdraw funds to and from your Dwolla account. If you choose to verify your bank, we’ll make two small deposits into your bank account that should appear within 2-3 business days.

Dwolla has not been integrated with the Payment Wall yet, but it has been entered in our database as feature request for development.

More Dwolla Questions

I have another couple of questions... It says on the first Dwolla introduction thread, that we will get paid a $1.00 bonus on the first cash out with Dwolla.
When will we get that, and where will we get it? -->As money on CashCrate or on Dwolla itself?

Thank you,
Crystal