Buying Referrals?

JoDaBomb

Half Buck Crater
Im sure someone has already brought it up but I think it would be cool to buy referrals from CashCrate. Maybe when you reach silver level you have the option to buy referrals, kind of like an investment. Im not sure it would be profitable to CashCrate so it might not work. What do you guys think.

interesting..... i guess you would have to do some math and make sure the return was better than the investment. on the other hand, it could totally affect the other referral tiers especially if you could "buy your own". like bronze would be 0-50, silver would be 50-2000 or something ridiculous. elite would be in the multi thousands. wow, it has already started to blow my mind.

squish

Forum Master
interesting..... i guess you would have to do some math and make sure the return was better than the investment.
Well, it would be a gamble. And there are a lot of us here who LOVE to gamble. LOL

Whenever someone brings this up, there's always this weird stipulation about bronze members attached to it. JoDaBomb is suggesting that only silver+ members get the option, and another person suggested that "bought" referrals wouldn't count towards making it to silver. I don't understand that.

I can see the quick start approach to buying referrals.

But, lets face it. Most of the new members are just starting out and have no extra money.

I, myself, have no referrer but Joe. Unfortunately, he doesn't help. (other than providing a nice place here)
But I have had help from many other generous members here.

So, I will say, if cashcrate ever decides to "sell" it's referrals, I would like to have my pick on who it's going to be and not somebody who couldn't care less.

Last edited:
Cashcrate could do it 2 different ways. the ones already in cashcrate that have no referral could be assign to who ever pays for referrals or could even turn in points to get referral. And even the ones that sign up unrefer. To bonus cashcrate if you buy referrals. They could say you earn ten percent what they earn instead of 20 percent.

Why do I feel like part of the cattle herd?

Put me on the auction block. I'm not that big, so does that mean my worth is less?

Hmmm...

I don't like this idea. I don't have a referrer and I'd rather not be bought, thanks.
I wasnt refer.

But for newer members it would be good or ones that have a hard time refering. Then maybe more stay around.

if Briguy wasnt refer who wouldnt take him. lol

CashCrate_Is_Legit

CashCrate Patti - Elite
Personally, I like things the way it is. I wouldn't waste my money in buying referrals.

We already have a problem as it is, In getting difficult to get referrals because so many people are trying to get referrals.

IMHO, the math for selling referrals doesn't make much sense.

To have this work out for both us and our members, the referrals that are sold would need to be more productive as by virtue of having a referrer. If they earn the same amount on average, then we'd either be giving money away or we'd be taking money from our members.

Example: Suppose we bring in $1million this year from offers without selling referrals then sell referrals next year and still bring in $1million from offers. All we'd be doing is moving the money around; somebody has to lose out if anybody is going to gain more. If we could start selling referrals and make $200k more, I'm sure we could come up with a fair way to distribute the extra funds.

The trouble is that it isn't obvious that people perform better when they have referrers (I'm not sure revenue from offers would increase much, if at all). A number of people have referrals who earn a lot less on average than unreferred members. Could be due to poorly targeted advertising, but it is clear that those referrers aren't inspiring them to do better.

So we'd have to put in a lot of work for something of dubious value.

That's just my take, but I'm sure Joe has similar thoughts or we'd be selling referrals already.

Optics233

CashCrate Elite
I don't think that's really a wise idea. It'll just overcomplicate the system. There's plenty of great tricks and secrets to referring that work wonders once you discover them.

briguy

Was Eheavy now Elite lol
IMHO, the math for selling referrals doesn't make much sense.

To have this work out for both us and our members, the referrals that are sold would need to be more productive as by virtue of having a referrer. If they earn the same amount on average, then we'd either be giving money away or we'd be taking money from our members.

Example: Suppose we bring in $1million this year from offers without selling referrals then sell referrals next year and still bring in $1million from offers. All we'd be doing is moving the money around; somebody has to lose out if anybody is going to gain more. If we could start selling referrals and make $200k more, I'm sure we could come up with a fair way to distribute the extra funds.

The trouble is that it isn't obvious that people perform better when they have referrers (I'm not sure revenue from offers would increase much, if at all). A number of people have referrals who earn a lot less on average than unreferred members. Could be due to poorly targeted advertising, but it is clear that those referrers aren't inspiring them to do better.

So we'd have to put in a lot of work for something of dubious value.

That's just my take, but I'm sure Joe has similar thoughts or we'd be selling referrals already.
Great point Cashcrate Greg..also (my point of view) The only people who come out ahead all of the time when a company offer to sell you (in some form or another) referrals..is the company!